Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Baked ziti!!!












I had to stay late at school yesterday afternoon and run off reports and design a test for my grade level for Friday. Hubby called me and informed me that we were having baked ziti with our son, gf, and Ben. Oh, thank goodness! So, I didn't need to drive home, since Hal's house is on my way home, and I could stay and get my work done! :-) We had a teacher's meeting yesterday before school and, with the wind, the temps were LOW and it was COLD! The air went right through my jeans! And, can you believe it? Some kids didn't bring sweaters or jackets! :-( Believe me, they were GLAD to get into the classroom! And, BOY! Were we all ready for baked ziti last night! Hubby made a huge pan full of it, enough to feed a dozen people and I have leftovers for lunch today! I thought I would share some photos I took over the weekend of the flowers and trees blooming here in the desert~sending you some sunshine!!!

3 comments:

lisa said...

Beautiful flowers, always like seeing those when we aren't seeing it here!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

With my poor eyesight and all your exclamation points, I read your post title as "Baked zit!!!" I had to see what that was about, expecting to see something gross, but instead saw flowers. Ha ha.

Word Verification: mecoldsm (me cold some)

Judi said...

Flowers...it's been so long since I have seen flowers...

Snow, snow, go away...