Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

storm kinda fizzled


After dire predictions of an inch of rain here in the desert and snow down to 1,200 feet, the storm has already moved on (as of last night) and pretty much fizzled. A lot of outdoor events were cancelled yesterday because of the forecast. Apparently the storm skirted our desert and has now moved East. Pfffffffttttttt! Our son rented a jumping castle for little Ben and didn't even put it up yesterday, but will do so today and have his birthday party this afternoon. I'm going to head out early this morning and take some photos of the road up to the horse ranch. I probably won't make it all the way to the ranch, since it is at 4,000 feet, but I can at least get partway up there. The horses all have extra feed and Cathy is giving it to them and she said she would take some photos of them in the snow. The ranch sits at the end of a dirt road and it will be too muddy and slippery for me to get into the ranch, since I don't have a 4-wheel drive anymore. (We couldn't get the Toyota smogged, so it now just sits in our son's driveway, unused.) I sure do miss that little car! It could go anywhere!!! :-( I took this photo yesterday morning about 9:30. It snowed up there all day and I have no idea what it looks like today, but I'll find out later this morning!

1 comment:

Horses Are Our Lives said...

I'm sure with the snow, it's very pretty. Can't wait to see your photos.

I left you a "Stylish Award" on my blog! I enjoy reading your stories on your blog! Brenda