Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Idyllwild weekend


Hubby and I headed up to our local mountains this weekend for a rest away from 3 dogs and 2 indoor cats! He found a cabin up there with a fireplace and we enjoyed it for two cold nights! The days warmed up nicely and when hubby stayed indoors to watch the UCLA basketball game, I headed over to the ranch and had 3 saddles fall on my head as I was looking for some Bag Balm! OUCH! This morning, I saw 2 gray squirrels and 2 robins looking for items to eat right outside our window. It was good to get away for a couple of nights, even if we only drove an hour away from our home!

3 comments:

Linda said...

What a sweet cabin!!

Gail said...

A change of scenery always refreshs me. Glad you had a great time.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh cool! I've been reading a blog about a guy who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail last Spring/Summer and apparently he stayed in that same town because the PCT runs right by there.

Your little vacation sounds sublime! Hubby and I haven't had a vacation away from the 3 kidlets, 3 cats, 3 dogs, 2 llamas, 3 goats, 16 chickens, and one horse for over 14 years!
It's about time, don't you think?
lol!

We're celebrating our 21 wedding anniversary this May and plan to stay at a dude ranch in southern new mexico for a week and ride horses every day! I can't wait!!

~Lisa