Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, October 31, 2011

my weekend



I didn't go visit the horses Saturday.  After our school had its Halloween costume day and parties, I came home Friday night and slept for 12 hours!!! No, really!!!!  I was exhausted.  So, Saturday I stayed home, did laundry, did the dishes, cleaned up the front yard, and basically vegged.  Thinking back, I haven't had a Saturday off just to catch up on chores at home for ... 10 weeks.  I go and go and go and then just crash.  Does that happen to you?  Well, Saturday was my day to crash!  Then, hubby came home and announced we were going to our daughter's house for dinner, so off we went for chicken and quesidillas and guacamole.  YUM!  Sunday, however, I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and was ready to head up the hill to the horse ranch.  I ran around town, down to the park and the Santa Rosa mountain visitor center, and took photos for the Sunday Stills Challenge and then headed up the hill.  There was a Santa Ana (a breeze from the high desert), which is NEVER welcome in Southern California as it is extremely dying.  That's never a good thing for our already-dry mountains.  As I headed up the mountain, I followed a large horse trailer which was apparently used for eventing.  I believe she went on to Temecula, which is up and over the mountains.  She must have been empty because she was really moving!  There are many horse events down in Indio, at the polo grounds, so maybe she dropped her horses off there and was returning home.  Once I got to the ranch, I had to run out to the feed store twice...once to get stuff for the mustangs and then again for Quad, Sunni, and Gigo, as I didn't realize how low they were on pellets.  Hubby and I are heading to the Sierra Wednesday afternoon for the weekend, so I wanted to be sure everybody had enough pellets to last for a while.  Phew!

No comments: