Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Morning walk~SkyWatch Friday~100811



I've joined a fitness challenge through my school district.  One of our goals is to walk over 10,000 steps daily.  Yesterday I took a morning AND afternoon walk.  Today I did my morning walk, but forgot to attach my pedometer.  Even without it, I walked over 13,000 steps!  WOW!  I'll remember to attach it tomorrow when I walk and look at these views of Mt. San Jacinto and the hills above my home in Palm Desert, CA.  I could really feel it in the muscles of my thighs and back from that double dose of walking yesterday!  But, I'm getting my endurance back and now I really look forward to the views during my morning walk.  Skywatch Friday for October 8, 2011. To view Skywatch Friday, please go to:  http://skyley.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

lisa said...

Great pictures!

Jim said...

Beautiful sky shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

The Write Girl said...

You've gotten some lovely skies to accompany you on your walks. Good luck on your challenge.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice photos.

Regards and best wishes

Kel said...

wow, look at those dark clouds
they look so heavy they might crash into the ground

x_pEpPeRoNi_x said...

Beautiful colour composition!

I love the contrasts-- dark clouds, blue sky, and that sunny-looking landscape.:D

Barb said...

Great pics! Congratulations on accepting the walking challenge.