Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Burt, the scrub jay

Well, I finally got some pics of my scrub jay who visits our desert neighborhood.  I call him "Burt".   I sat outside with my breakfast yesterday morning and he flew into the yard several times.  Once he is here, he pecks some of the birdseed, but flies away in a blur of blue.  He is quite noisy, announcing his arrival.  He is a quirky individual, tilting his head to observe me.  I always enjoy his visits and I hope he survives the hawk who has taken up residence in the neighborhood.

No comments: