Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fences and ravens~Friday Fences~101411



Last Sunday I was driving around Garner Valley, where my cousin Valerie lives, and I noticed a yard sale sign.  I went to the yard sale and bought a cute wooden block of "country grandma" sayings.  Right across the street from the yard sale was a murder of crows or ravens.  Some were on the fence, while others were on the ground.  I believe that this is the same group of ravens I saw there last weekend, only this time, there were many, many more of them.  I wonder why they are hanging around the valley?  I have never seen so many before in one area.  Anyway, here are some of them on and near a fence.  Friday Fences for October 14, 2011. To see Friday's Fences, please go to:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Carletta said...

"a murder of crows or ravens" - I didn't know that term for the longest time. It sounds so ominous when I hear it. :)
White fences and tall trees - lovely!

Faye said...

Have you found any sayings in grandma's collection about seeing black ravens and white fences together? In my area I've noticed some "new" birds that don't normally see--like cardinals (even though our state bird).

Love the movement in your header photo and what a handsome horse.

Donna said...

I love the idea of crows and fences - they quite ignore each other. Nice to find this blog - I'll spend some time here getting to know your horses! Thanks.

Jan n Jer said...

I have never heard the word Murder used in this context. I just learned something new. Great shots, the black crows really stand out on the white fence. Love your header too. Thanks for playing.

Rose said...

I always wanted one of these white fences when I was a kid!

Judy said...

I love all the crows in the pasture there.

Bruce Clark said...

Love those white wooden fences. They always add a nice touch to any photo.

Tracy said...

You must have fences galore with having 5 horses. Lucky ducky!