Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A murder of crows~SOOC Sunday~101611



When I drove through Garner Valley last weekend, I could hear a lot of crows.  I saw quite a few of them in one spot and I got out of the car to take a photograph of them, but they flew off.  Then, I looked up and saw this!  There were over two dozen of them circling high overhead!  I snapped away with my camera.  I returned yesterday to check out the fall colors and saw quite a few of them.  I think they are actually ravens.  They seem to like the valley up there and they sit on the white fences.  They are quite shy, however, and every time I got out of my car to take a photograph, off they went! I'm glad I caught these photos when I did as I may never have another chance!  SOOC Sunday for October 16, 2011. To visit SOOC Sunday, please go to:  http://www.murrieta365.com/

4 comments:

Helen Campbell said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Sage said...

good shot of the ravens. We have one or two come through now and then but I can't get a photo of them either.

RoeH said...

I love scenes like this. When I was in DC I was stopped at a stop light when all these many many birds like these guys flew over and settled into a large tree. Wish I'd had the time to take a picture.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great photos!

That's a lot of crows. I bet it was very loud, too!

~Lisa