Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pumpkins and fence~Friday Fences~October 21, 2011


I LOVE driving around Garner Valley.  We used to own 5 acres there before the kids were born.  It has blossomed and developed over the last 30 years, but this ranch was there 30 years ago, when hubby and I used to take our Volkswagen van up to our 5 acres and camp there over the weekends.  I was pregnant with our daughter at the time and I used to see bobcats, woodpeckers, and red tailed hawks.  I still drive by our old property, which now has a house on it.  Someday I'm going to park and hike back into one of the canyons there, with my camera.  These pumpkins were outside one of the fences there last weekend.  Friday Fences for October 21, 2011.  To visit Friday Fences, please go to:  http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Rose said...

Nice compostion--nice shot!

Time Stand Still

Janis said...

I often go back to where we used to live...I am very nostalgic! I love all those pumpkins! Thanks for playing!

MadSnapper said...

beautiful and so is the horse in your header.

Faye said...

It means so much to go back to an old home place, doesn't it? I had that experience about a year ago--back to the farm where I was born. It was barely standing. Fall is the perfect time to take up camera and get on the road to shoot scenes like this bounty of pumpkins. Enjoy your time on the road this fall.