Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vanishing fence line~Sunday Stills Challenge~100911

I drove up through Garner Valley today, which is on the way to Idyllwild.  All the fences there are all the same...white like this one.  All of the ranches there are 5 acres.  Hubby and I owned a 5 acre parcel when I was pregnant with our daughter, which was 33 years ago!  I frequently drive through this valley as it is where my cousin Valerie lives for half of the year (when it is hot here in the desert).  I didn't see many signs of fall today, but in the next few weeks, the aspen will turn and the cottonwoods, too.  I'll have to return and take some photos.  I liked the vanishing aspect of this photo.  Sunday Stills Challenge for October 9, 2011.

6 comments:

Holly said...

beautiful!

Just Ramblin' said...

Very pretty capture. Nice work. : )

Firas said...

Nice fence shot!

MTWaggin said...

What a pretty fence. I like that it has the corner in the front.

Linda said...

Nice work!

Achieve1dream said...

Very pretty. I love white board fences.