Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Stallions Sculpture~SkyWatch Friday 031910






This sculpture is right down the street from our house, at our local community college. I had seen it a few times, but never had my camera with me until one morning before the time change. What are your thoughts about this work of art? SkyWatch Friday for March 19, 2010.




8 comments:

Christina, Sweden said...

Great sculpture, reminds me of a photo I took in Chile of a horses head, might show that another time
Blue sky and palmtrees looks wonderful for me living in the snow still...

Christina, Sweden

Sir Darby said...

That is a lovely sculpture.

lisa said...

Awesome, sculptures!

Hage og Foto entusiast said...

Nice! I like your pictures.

Lori Skoog said...

Being an advocate for public art, I love these photos!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! We have had a very nice week here in So Cal and it is about time!
Have a great weekend!

Glennis said...

I like this sculpture. When I enlarged it I saw the strange way it had been put together, but it depends what angle your viewing from, there is lots of movement in the piece.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great sculpture. I always enjoy equine art. Interesting that the third horse is in the same battle, though. I think the sculpture would actually look better without that extra horse.
But I bet there's a story behind this artwork, too.

Nice shot and gorgeous blue sky background, too.


~Lisa