Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Numbers~address~Sunday stills Challenge 030810


This week's Sunday Stills Challenge was difficult for me. There are a number of reasons for this. First, I don't like taking photos of people. I just don't. PERIOD. My first cousin, Cindy Kyle, is a professional photographer who specializes in people, including weddings and baby photos! Go figure. Second, my husband is always yelling at me, telling me to take photos WITHOUT telephone poles, or lines, or things that obscure the object(s) I'm photographing. Third, I prefer landscapes and animals to people. And, alas, I just don't have a lot of photos with numbers in them in my archives. But, I found this one of an address on a block of granite. It does look rather elegant, don't you think? Sunday stills challenge for 030810.

8 comments:

Gail said...

Yes, this a wonderful blend of nature and progress.

Leah said...

Great idea.... this challenge was hard for me and then I see others and those numbers are all around me!

VioletSky said...

I like it. a pretty high house number - it must belongs on a rather long street!

Holly said...

very nice!

allhorsestuff said...

Those are neat numbers...glad it did not have to be a person!
KK

Brenda said...

love the numbers on the stone.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Nature and numbers! Very good!

Well done!

I found this challenge fascinating in that no matter which room I walked into in my house, I saw numbers....even the bathroom. lol!

And then I went through my archives and realized I also have many number photos there, too.


~Lisa

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I sure have missed reading your blog! It was so great to catch up after several months! I've also missed Sunday Stills challenges too! So nice to see your doing well and cant wait to get back to blogging and reading your blog regularly again! - Rachel - Wilmothfarms