Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Living Desert and time change~That's My world for Tuesday, March 16, 2010







Sunday's time change has radically altered my walking routine. I was out walking in the morning, before leaving for school. Now, however, it is still dark when I have to leave. I didn't wish to stop my walking program, so on Sunday morning, after my walk, I drove over to the Living Desert Reserve in Palm Desert, and renewed my membership. And, yesterday, after work, I parked my car under a shady Palo Verde in the parking lot, and walked around for over an hour! I didn't take many photos. Instead, I concentrated on seeing where I could walk and how far. Turns out, even in the 80 degree heat, I was able to walk pretty much anywhere! I was pleased to see that the Mexican wolves were out in their enclosure and people were stopping by to read about them and observe them. They both looked furry and healthy. Today I will remember to take water with me as I was quite dehydrated by the end of my walk! That's My World for Tuesday, March 16, 2010.

2 comments:

Self Sagacity said...

Oh how I wish I could take that walk with you. Sounds like such great exercise. Beautiful scenery! Love your pictures!

Christina, Sweden said...

Great scenerys, thats a place I definitely would like to visit!
Thanks for showing

Christina, sweden