Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Rain, rain, go AWAY!!!







Well, I didn't get up to the horses (AGAIN) this weekend. It rained all day Saturday and the mountains completely disappeared behind clouds. At one point, as I was driving back to Palm Desert from our daughter's home in Indio, it was raining so hard that I couldn't even see the lines on the freeway! Friday was hubby's birthday and little Ben's, so we had a big family dinner and BBQ. Sunday morning was breakfast at our daughter's house, and we didn't get done there until 1:00 p.m. We decided against driving up the mountain since everything would have been muddy from Saturday's rain. Now, another storm is forecast for next weekend!!! ARGH! I have late meetings tonight and tomorrow night, so hubby and I are planning on driving up the hill Wednesday after school. I don't like to stay away from the horses too long, even though they get excellent care. But, as you all know, they need to be brushed and worked with, even if it is just a brushing. Two other boarders are up at the ranch and I haven't seen one of them since last fall, when she dropped off her two horses! The other one stops by about once every 3 months! I feel badly when I haven't seen mine for two weeks! Oye vei! And, with this class this year, I really NEED to get up to the horses and relax! The top photo is the All-American canal, in Indio, CA.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Rain in the dessert is good, isn't it?

I need a frequent horse fix myself.