Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gigo







Gigondas has come a long way in her training, despite all the horrible weather this winter. I was a little nervous on Saturday taking her out of her corral for the first time in quite a while, but she remained calm and didn't bolt. She relaxes when I talk to her or sing to her (only Gigondas can stand my singing!) and walked like a lady! I walked her to the arena and she stood for me until I unlatched her lead rope. Then, she took off! Phew! I've been working with her on standing still until I release her. Of course, she had to take a good roll and then off she went, running!

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Wonderful she has learned her standing lesson.

Gail said...

That is a very important lesson. Good job.