Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

More wildflower pics




Friday afternoon I drove out to an area of the desert which is part of the Coachella Valley Preserve. As such, it remains undeveloped and is one of the last large areas not touched by humans. There are many, many little yellow flowers which are blooming now. I also noticed some lupine (the purple flowers) and they are also growing up on the highway, so I'll stop and take some photos this morning. I prefer to walk in the morning than the afternoon for a couple of reasons. First, I don't have to wear sunscreen. Second, it is cooler in the morning. Finally, I'm really TIRED in the afternoons and I don't have as much energy. So, if I wake up and get going early enough in the morning, I can get a 20 minute walk done before I have to leave for work. And sometimes the sun is just starting to come up and I get some interesting photos!

2 comments:

Gail said...

I love mornings when the quiet surrounds you.

Wonderful flowers, maybe spring is coming after all.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Such pretty flowers