Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Original Five


I found this photo of our original five horses in hubby's archived photos, in a photo called "Keepers". There are over 300 photos in that file and one evening, when I had nothing else to do, I started going through it and I found this one! I honestly didn't even know we had this photo. But, there they ALL were, in the same spot, at the same time. Gigondas wasn't running Scout off or Cali, either! Hmmm....Sunni was pretty low on the pecking order. too, but Cali was on the bottom. I'd say it was, in order of dominance, Gigondas, Beauty, Sunni, Scout, then Cali. Scout and Cali had just come down from the BLM in Wyoming and were yearlings. Gigondas and Beauty had been together for nearly 4 months, up in WA state, after I rescued them off the feedlot. Sunni is my gelding from a PMU ranch and United Pegasus. We don't have Beauty any longer (she died in a freak accident last summer) and now Quad rounds out our current 5 horses and I doubt we'll ever have this 5 together for a group photo, like this one! It would be interesting to get them all out and have someone hold each horse and take a group photo this summer! Any volunteers to come hold a horse?

4 comments:

Sir Darby said...

What a wonderful photo.

Gail said...

Wonderful to find proof of a memory.

photogchic said...

Good looking bunch!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh how I wish I could! 'Cause you know I would. What beautiful horses...and thanks to you, they've had a second chance at living a great life.

Wonderful photo!

~Lisa