Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Mountain thunderheads~SkyWatch Friday, July 31, 2009





Our local mountains have been having thunderstorms for several days. Sometimes the day begins cloudless, but by mid-morning, thunderheads develop. By afternoon, a full-blown thunderstorm builds and I often hear thunder either in the mountains right behind me or above me when I'm out with the horses. This is typical monsoon weather here in the desert and our local mountains. SkyWatch Friday for July 31, 2009.

2 comments:

Abraham Lincoln said...

The water will surely help out if it turns dry and the forests on the mountains or the brush dries up. I hate fires as it does a lot of damage that take many years to recover from. I like your post today and your photography.

Now, you and your friends can help me Make History. I am trying to see if it is possible to get 10,000 visitors in a short period of time on my new blog, Pick a Peck of Pixels. If you go there, please either become a Follower or leave a comment. You can come back each day to see and read something new. Your visit will count and help me Make History. Pick a Peck of Pixels

CTG Ponies said...

Looks intense.