Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, July 3, 2009

Scout and Beauty




Scout and Beauty, before we went on our June vacation.
No new news here. Same old. Another horse was moved into Beauty's corral. Time is beginning to heal the wound of her passing. Not easy.

6 comments:

the7msn said...

Oh my, Cheryl Ann. I haven't visited in awhile. My heart is aching for you over the loss of your beautiful Beauty. Hugs from all of us at the 7MSN.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Cheryl,
I don't think we ever get over the loss of a horse we loved deeply, we just learn to live with their absence and find some peace.
If we are fortunate, somewhere down the road a horse will pick us when we least expect it and we get another chance at having that special bond.
Hugs and prayers
Syndi

Katharine Swan said...

Thanks for the pictures. My thoughts are with you.

Unknown said...

I've been in the process of switching computers and haven't gotten all of my 'favorites' links moved over. I didn't realize when you left your comment that losing Beauty had just happened. I'm so sorry...there is nothing anyone can say about this kind of loss to make it better. I'm thinking of you. Carmon

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I'm glad you had a good time In San Diego! The pain will heal as you know, but the "Beauty" is that Beauty will live forever in your heart and memory and in the beautiful pictures you took of her! Chin Up! - Rachel

CTG Ponies said...

It does get better with time.