Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday Stills Challenge~Cali, July 12, 2009




When we visited the horses yesterday, I spent a lot of time with Cali. She is very people-oriented. I brushed, brushed, brushed her and groomed her. She has a lovely mane! It is nice and thick and, unlike all our other horses, she doesn't rub it on the fence! It is very thick. It is on the other side of her neck, so her BLM brand shows. Scout's brand is under her mane. Sunday Stills Challenge for July 12, 2009.

12 comments:

restoration42 said...

She is absolutely lovely - her freshly groomed mane just shines. Great choice for our textures challenge.

Ed said...

Ahhh, the mane event..;-)

Jessica said...

Beautiful mane on that gal! Great texture shot!

Jessica said...

Beautiful mane on that gal! Great texture shot!

Dusty Devoe said...

What a lovely girl! What a wonderful picture of Beauty.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Sometimes I wish my hair was as nice as our mares mane....

Cheryl Ann said...

I actually use the Cowboy Magic Rosewater shampoo on my hair! It has lots of herbs and smells good! And, for $10, I get a HUGE bottle of shampoo. It doesn't have a lot of synthetic junk in it, either! :-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love Cali's blonde mane. Is her tail just as long and thick, too?

~Lisa

Unknown said...

Lovely mane! My black Missouri foxtrotter had a thick wavy mane like that.

Carmon

CTG Ponies said...

She is gorgeous!

And I use Mane and Tail on my hair.

Anonymous said...

beautiful & cute horsey :)

LegalMist said...

Dropped in through the "Black Boxes" widget. The photos of your horses and travels are lovely.

I've always loved horses, but I've never learned enough about caring for them to actually get one. Maybe when I retire... I am glad you are rescuing and caring for these wonderful animals.

Also glad you enjoyed your visit to Arizona. I like it here, too, and we enjoy a visit to SoCal every summer, as well. Much cooler there, isn't it?

Best wishes to you and your lovely horses. And your hubby, too!