Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Aw, nuts! Sunday Stills Challenge for July 19, 2009







Yesterday we had a good day at the ranch. All the horses got a workout, except Cali, who just got in the way! I took Scout down to the arena and did some groundwork with her and hubby took Gigondas later. Quad perked up and watched both of them, under the watchful eye of his GIRLFRIEND (the beautiful Peruvian Paso!) Boy, does she keep an eye on him! I worked with Sunni, too, but Cali kept getting her big nose in the way. Aw, nuts! I should have taken him down to the arena, too, but, after working with Scout, I was just too tired! So, these are my contributions to Sunday Stills Challenge, "Aw nuts"! Yes, that's Scout having a fit because nobody was paying attention to her! And, that's Cali getting in the way while I was TRYING to do some work with Sunni! Enjoy your Sunday and give your horse(s) a hug from me!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are cute horses
sounds like you had a busy time

Paintsmh said...

I love the horses! Makes me miss my boy so much. And busy busy busy...definitely an aww nuts sort of day.

LA Nickers said...

Pretty.

THE MANE POINT – a haven for horse lovers

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Great photos. I imagine Quad is still getting up to speed after a long trailer ride.
Have a great week.

CTG Ponies said...

I'm glad you found another horse to work with. Great pics.

flowerweaver said...

Quad looks like a nice boy!

Jen Mo said...

Great pics!