Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

More back rubs~Toys~Sunday Stills Challenge for 072609







Yesterday I posted photos of Cali having a good back rub. And, believe it or not, yesterday when I drove up to the ranch to see the horses, Gigondas did it, too! Fortunately I grabbed my camera! She's wet because I had just hosed her off. I guess you could call the corral fence her "toy"!
Sunday Stills Challenge for July 26, 2009.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet they enjoyed the back rubs
(?)

all these horsey photos make me want one too :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

When I see my horses rubbing their tails like that when it's not shedding season, I check my calendar and discover it is usually time for a worming.

Katharine Swan said...

Ha ha, NM, I was thinking sort of along the same lines. Though I know there are skin mites that cause that itch, too. Panama gets a little shot of Listerine and baby oil under his tail, which usually makes him lift his head and look back at me with wide eyes, but also seems to help quite a bit. ;o)

CTG Ponies said...

We've got lots of green head flies and horse flies this time of the year. My guys are itchy all the time. Great pics!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Aaahhh, relief. Cute pics!

~Lisa

Tammy Vasa said...

Perfect timing w/the camera!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I guess about anything works to scratch an itch! :)