Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

He's HERE!!! He's BIG and GRAY!






















Yes, some of you probably guessed it~a new horse! Actually, he, too, is a rescue. He's "Quad", from TB Friends in Northern California. Hubby and I first met Quad a year ago when we were in Santa Rosa and Sonoma to visit family. It was the first time we drove over to Joe's place and he offered me Quad at that time. I was so shocked that I muttered, "But, Joe, we already have 5 horses...I don't think I can take on another one at this time!" So, Quad went out to a foster home for several months, then just came back to Joe's this spring. Quad arrived this evening about 10:30 p.m. He stood quietly in the trailer and hubby walked him to his new (and clean) corral. He looked around and went straight to the feed trough, so he got a flake of alfalfa and settled right in! He is a very calm horse! I'll drive up in the morning (early) and get some more photos of him. I wish to thank all those people involved in making this happen, including my husband, who understands my love of horses, and my friend Syndi, for taking a tragic situation and turning it into a new chance for another horse and for making this happen! Your thoughtfulness and consideration will always be remembered! And, thank you, Joe, for everything you have done to ensure that so many horses get a second chance! From horses that raced too slowly to rodeo horses used for horse tripping, THANK YOU for always thinking of the horses!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is very pretty! Can't wait to hear more about him! We have an OT TB too.

Tracey said...

Not only is he there, big & gray, but he's beautiful as well! Congratulations :)

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Welcome home Quad! Wonderful night photos.

Linda said...

That's GREAT! Is he the one you mentioned last week that you can ride?

Mikey said...

That is SO AWESOME!! How cool is that?? Good job!!! Can't wait to see how he does, I'm betting he's going to be great!

restoration42 said...

WOOT!!!! This is SO exciting. I had a sneaking suspicion about a new horse. How wonderful that you adopted another sweetie. In Beauty's honor. He is amazing looking. Can't wait for more news and photos.

mrscravitz said...

You are an angel! Looking forward to more "day" photos of Quad. He is a beaut!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww! Congrats! He look sweet...and yes...very calm, too.
What a good looking boy. I can't wait to see more and hear more about him.

And kudos to you for opening your heart to another homeless equine.

~Lisa

arlene said...

I'm looking forward to hearing his story and seeing many more pictures. He looks very nice and also calm.

DesertHen said...

He's a beautiful horse! I'm so happy for you and Quad will have a wonderful, loving home!