Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

UPDATE! Photos in daylight!











































Well, I spent the morning up at the ranch until it got too hot, about 11:00 a.m. Quad is just the NICEST horse. Very calm. His frisky neighbor next door (she's a real hottie!) doesn't bother him. Scout doing cartwheels down in the arena didn't bother him. Part of it, I think, is that he has tender feet because he just got a trim. POOR BABY! He really is walking delicately!


We need some name suggestions for Quad, other he'll just be Quad. Something gentlemanly and suave and debonair! He nuzzled me a couple of times as I was in his corral this morning. He let me brush him all over (ho hum!) and remained calm while the girls vied for his attention! Here are some pics from this morning. We're going back this afternoon for a lesson with Gigondas and I'm sure hubby will take 10,000 more! Anyway, here are some from this morning! What a good boy!
Here's a link to his pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/cero+quatro

7 comments:

Dusty Devoe said...

What a handsome guy!!!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Wow, he is a looker

Anonymous said...

He's lovely - probably just delighted to have a home!

nikki said...

Congrats on your new horse! I agree he is quite handsome. :)

arlene said...

That's some pedigree! How did he end up at a rescue? From the pics he looks very subdued. Very nice!
I'd call him Quatro.... Sir Quatro.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you both and what a sweetie! If you would like a Spanish name, my husband is really good at that. And you're right, do the name fast! I had a big TB dressage horse, International level, who got stuck with 'Rainbow'! Carmon

Katharine Swan said...

"Sir" something sounds like a good idea. I also couldn't help but think of "St. Valentine" which is a horse's name at my barn but would suit this sweetheart SO well.

He's gorgeous. And I bet it's neat to have such a laid back horse, with all your little fireballs! LOL!