Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Waputki Ruins, Arizona











Hubby and I arrived at Waputki Ruins toward sunset. The visitor center was closed, the wind was blowing, and it was eerily quiet. We walked down toward the ruins, each of us immersed in our own thoughts. Hubby, who was walking ahead of me, actually took these photos. He has a much better eye than I do and he's also more creative. It was very humbling to be there, in the ruins, alone at sunset.

1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Cheryl those are lovely pictures. I grew up in Tuscon and it has been so nice to take a virtual trip back to places I knew as a child...
Thanks