Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Where's the grub around here? Camera Critters for 080109











Quad's personality is starting to come through! He now nickers when he sees me with the red feed bucket. Apparently I didn't give him enough the other day. He nosed his rubber bowl, picked it up in his teeth, and threw it, demanding MORE FOOD! Here are the events from that day. Also, I'm running a poll about Quad's name. You can see it on the left side of the blog. If you could, please vote! If you don't like any of the suggested names and choose "other", please let me know the other name. Camera Critters for August 1, 2009.

12 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Delightful!

mimi said...

fantastic post.

Janie said...

Horses have a way of letting you know what they want. Cut photos!

Mara said...

I like Edgar for a name! It just sounds like a good and proper horse-name for some reason!

Molly said...

Quad is a lovely horse and somehow that name, Cero Quatro, just seems bland for a flashy boy. How about Stormy for his beautiful grey and a nod for his pedigree?

I love all of our pictures together. I can't wait to go back with you.

DeniseinVA said...

I would love to have a horse, but I don't even ride and haven't been on one since 1975. Doesn't stop me from loving horses though and these photos of Quad are great. Thanks for sharing them and have a great weekend.

Snap said...

Food, food -- where's the food! Wonderful!

Sandy Kessler said...

neat horse sandy

Anonymous said...

Those blind folds remind me of the things people where when they are trying to sleep.

Brooke said...

What a clever boy he is! :) And handsome.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Quad has quite a fun personality!

~Lisa

Martha said...

What a great horse. I used to love spending time in the stables when my daughter took lessons... we will again one day soon! I love all the different personalities!

CC - Llama Drama