Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gigo lesson 081509











At the same time Sunni is getting his lessons, Gigondas also gets a short lesson. She's further along than he is, but she also needs a confidence boost! She's a BIG GIRL! She remembers her lessons very well and is now eager to please! Here are some pics of me working with her this week. My friend Molly came up the morning of their lesson with my cousin Valerie and Molly took these pics! THANK YOU, Molly, for a wonderful morning! Gigondas now knows how to "stay" and I can pretty much walk all around her! GOOD GIRL! She also will come when called and will back up nicely!

2 comments:

Molly said...

She was so good and I was quit impressed. All of your lovely horses respect and love you and trust that what you ask them to do is what they should be doing. It is wonderful relationships.

Anonymous said...

She looks great! And beautiful as well!