Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Val's horses
















I stopped by my cousin's desert place yesterday afternoon to visit her and the kittens. Her beautiful cat had kittens and I'm taking one of the little females! YEAH! I haven't had a kitten for over .... 12 years! The cats we have now were all grown when we adopted them, so it's been a while since we've had a little bundle of fur running around the house! Anyway, I forgot that I took some pics of her horses on my 4 day weekend in February. It was cloudy that weekend, but it's been sunny here lately! All of her horses are Tennessee Walkers and she takes them with her when she works on a nearby trail! That's how she spends her afternoons, moving rocks and cutting back trees! I wish I had half of her energy! All of her horses are very friendly, as you can tell by the photos!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Hi Cheryl, this is Tricia over at Bluff Area Daily typing this, but I wanted to let you know that I was actually able to get my mom talked into blogging!!! I've added your page to her followers and blog list - Now she has someone to talk "Horses" with! hehehe