Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Scout's nose


Hubby and I went up to see the horses yesterday. Cathy and her husband were at a parade in Long Beach, so they weren't home. DH took Gigondas down to the arena and I went into the mustangs' corral. That was it! They were so shaggy and dirty, having just rolled in the manure, that I started brushing them. Scout actually stood still. I brushed her mane, tail (1st time!!!!) and all over! Cali, of course, then wanted to be brushed, too. I wish I'd had my camera with me because she came up and rested her head on Scout's back! After brushing both of them, I used the handy stick all over their backs, butts, and legs. Both were fine with that, so I got out an old saddle pad. Here is Scout investigating it! I have a little pocket Nikon that I stuck in my pocket, but it was so bright outside (it has a viewfinder) that I really couldn't see what I was photographing! I like this one of Scout smelling the saddle pad. She was fine with it...very relaxed. Cali was a little more nervous and if I have time today, I'll remove Cali from the corral, take her up to the round pen, and work with her.

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Beautiful nose Scout

Kathie Brown said...

What a cute muzzle!

Anonymous said...

Awww That must have been a cute scene - But you got a nice shot anyway!!!