Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, March 2, 2009

new grandma and the new dad!!!




My son came over Saturday afternoon to help me tie up my sunflowers, which are now over 5 feet tall! Some of them were leaning over, cutting off the sunlight to the daisies. BUT...guess what he did instead? Heheheheheheheheheheeeee!!!! That's right! He passed out in the big chair! I did it instead ALL BY MYSELF! That's his dog, Atticus, (the Weimeraner) thinking, "Hey, you! I want some attention NOW!" I ended up buying groceries for them and cooking dinner and our daughter and her fiance stopped by last night and cooked them dinner! I'll start posting some horse pics tomorrow from my weekend visit to "the herd".

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

You look like you are loving being a grandmother. Your son looks like we all did the first few months with a new born.
Your sun folowers are huge.

Cheryl Ann said...

I am enjoying him! I enjoy holding him for a while and then going home and getting some sleep! Hee, hee! My own kids were 17 months apart and all I remember is being exhausted for about 3 years! No, really I have fond memories of them as babies! Our son was very mellow, like his son, but Jennifer was cranky and we used to have to put her in the car so she would fall asleep!

DesertHen said...

I guess your son will learn to catch a nap whenever he can.....he, he, he. I love the expression on his dogs face.

You look mighty proud!! =) Congrats again....=)

Caprice- said...

The baby is gorgeous and you are beaming! Enjoy being a grandma. I am a long-distance Grandma and wish I could see my liitle Kody a lot more.
Caprice