Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Almond blossoms~~Scenic Sunday for March 22, 2009


I walked around the ranch yesterday morning and walked down to the almond trees which are in bloom. They were so pretty and the bees were so busy! I stopped to take a few photos of them before the approaching storm came. Last year a late storm blew the almonds off the trees and there was no harvest. I hope the same doesn't happen this year! Aren't they pretty and peaceful? Scenic Sunday for March 22, 2009.

7 comments:

DesertHen said...

Such lovely pink blooms. I hope they weathered the storm okay?

Allison said...

Oh my gosh, How beautiful, now I am about ready to cry!!!
Sob, Sob, Sob,
PEACE!!!

Deb said...

Beautiful blossoms, I don't think I ever saw an almond tree before. Like your horses too!

nature ramblings said...

Beautiful almond blossoms, they almost look exactly like my plum tree blossoms, which are in full bloom but today it is snowy and cold. Spring one day, winter the next. Beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing and happy Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty scene w/ the pink blooms in the foreground & the mountains in the background!

Photo Cache said...

beautiful blooms, makes one happy and puts a spring in their step.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pink blossoms!
Hugs and blessings,