Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Guess who it was? It was...
















silly Cali! I brushed and brushed her this weekend! Here are some pics. Hubby held the lead rope while I brushed her and picked up all 4 feet! She hardly moved. I was able to clean her back two feet. YEAH! I wonder if the birds will use her hair in their nests?

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

She looks very good. Yea for the hind feet! Way to go

Katharine Swan said...

Panama is shedding like that -- or WAS, before the most recent cold snap. Colorado springs have got to be hard on horses, because we go through such wild temperature changes that their coats can't keep up!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Well done! Cali's mane is so pretty in that last photo. Good captures.

~Lisa