Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, March 13, 2009

almond blossoms and blue sky~~SkyWatch Friday, March 13, 2009




The almond trees are blooming at the ranch where we have our horses and last weekend, while hubby was out opening the gate, I wandered over to them to take a couple of photos. The bees were busy in the trees and I had to dodge a couple of them, but it was well worth it, don't you think? SkyWatch Friday for Friday, March 13, 2009.

10 comments:

Judy said...

I certainly agree with you. I wish I could smell the blossoms, bees or no bees!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. It makes me long for spring!

Linnea said...

Beautiful shots. Those flowers look like paper mache! We're getting a lot of flowering plum trees around here...

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than spring blossoms against a clear blue sky, lovely!

restoration42 said...

Always marvel at how such early blooms survive in frantic late winter weather. Lovely photos.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

That top photo is just stunning! Those delicate white/pink-tinged blossoms against the bright blue brilliant sky...amazing!

Do the trees produce almonds? Have you eaten them before? wow!

Good photos!

~Lisa

Caprice- said...

We have so many almonds in the valley just below me that if you have alergies of any kind you are doomed as soon as the blooms peek out. Some people say they smell bad but I can't smell anything, good or bad.
It's a lovely photo- great job with the white blooms against the blue sky.
Caprice

nature ramblings said...

Blossoms against a blue sky are priceless. Be grateful there are lots of bees to dodge so you will have almonds to enjoy. Thanks for sharing, beautiful photos. Happy sky watching.

Taj_maan said...

Flowers and blue skies..very lovely. I hardly see flowers around where I live. Thanks for sharing.

Sage said...

I can't resist taking photos of my trees each year when they bloom. If you don't bother the bees they won't hurt you. Keep taking those wonderful photos