Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yup. New snow!




Sorry about the lighting on these. I was on my way to school yesterday morning and I looked up and saw all this new snow. It seems to be in just this one area of the mountains, although later I heard on the radio that there were two auto accidents up by my herd where cars drove off the road because of icy road conditions. Oops. I couldn't really tell if they got snow up there or not, but I'll find out this afternoon after my doctor's appointment. I'm planning on driving up to see the herd after I have lunch with my cousin. I should be able to get off the mountain BEFORE the roads start to ice up again.

5 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Sorry about that. We got snow this weekend, along with really cold weather.
Be safe on your visit to the horses.

Kathie Brown said...

It looks just lovley, like a pastel dream.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lovely lavender skies around those snowy mountains. Please be careful up there :)

~Lisa

DesertHen said...

The sky in the photos is so pretty! Thanks for stopping in over at my blog and for following. I see we like some of the same movies...=) I love "A Good Year" it is at the top of my list right now. I love your blog...well blogs....I can't believe you have six of them!! I can barely keep up with one since going back to work full time. I will be following along with you now.....=)

Hope you are feeling better?

Ed said...

Nice pics, be safe.