Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The herd! New Year's Eve Day
















When I go up to visit the horses, Beauty is the first one to acknowledge me. She's very curious and friendly. She will nicker as soon as she sees my car and then Sunni will join in! Here they are on the last day of the year. The babies don't nicker, but they always stick their heads over the corral. Look how fuzzy Gigondas is!

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

They are looking really good.

Anonymous said...

The kids look good! I just love to go out into the corrals with my brushes and just fool around with my ponies. My Okie just loves the attention - any attention - and likes to follow me around to help me do things. - Not always as helpful as he thinks.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Happy Belated New Years to you!

Love those fuzzy horses.

~Lisa