Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Scout




This is the photo I was trying to get the other day. See her eye? What do you think...is that a kind eye? She was good yesterday and let me pick up her right front foot. She had a rock stuck in it and I got it out, but then I lost my footing, slipped, and off she went. NOPE! That was IT for the day regarding picking up feet! With the pinched nerve, I've lost my coordination and balance and I kind of lurch around! I was able to pick up both of Cali's feet without losing my balance. Hehehehe...I did it while she was eating! She HAD to stand still!

5 comments:

Ed said...

Cool pics, great blog! Thanks for the comments. And great soundtrack on your blog...

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Scout's eye seems to be skeptical...Scout wants to trust, but just isn't quite there yet.
Good job getting the hoof picked out, making progress

Unknown said...

Hi! Send me a private email and I'll send you links for where I bought sun blocking denim shirts, hats etc very inexpensively. Carmon - griton.corazon @ gmail.com

arlene said...

She has beautiful eyes, like a deer. I see kindness and wanting to please..but still shy yet.

Katharine Swan said...

To me her eye looks gentle, but worried. Give her time, she'll get there.