Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

airs above the ground?


Not exactly "airs above the ground", but my little Nikon pocket camera DID capture this moment when Beauty was playing in the arena on Saturday! I have a Nikon Coolpix that I always have in my purse (it's that small!) and sometimes I just don't have the time or energy to get out my big Canon. The horses move so fast that with this one, I just point and shoot and hope for the best! Isn't she funny? Ha, ha! This is the horse I'm supposed to ride in June! Egads! No, really, once you lunge her, she's very calm!

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Cute. I can imagine what the few seconds before that shot looked like...
Have a grand time your first ride, you will be fine.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

You captured a very cool shot with that little camera of yours!

Wow!

~Lisa

Mikey said...

Ok now I've seen it all. A levitating horse!