Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year from desert horses






Happy New Year from "the herd" and me! They are all healthy and ready for some fun in the arena! And, with the new year, a NEW LOOK on all my blogs! What do YOU think of the new looks? Please visit them and give me feedback.
Hey, I just heard on the news that coffee places will now give you a discount IF you bring in your own coffee holder/thermos! It seems that their plastic "recyclable" coffee cups really aren't recyclable and are now clogging up the recycling sorting machines! Well, I hardly ever stop for a cup of coffee at Coffee Bean (I HATE Starbucks), but all those coffee "travel cups" will now go into my car just in case I stop for a cup of coffee!
Hubby is still on the couch. I picked up a slight sore throat on our trip to Northern California, but he has a full-blown cold! He's gone through 1 box of kleenex already! I was fortunate to immediately start taking my Manuka honey and my sore throat is gone and my lungs are clear. He, on the other hand, is hacking day and night! He's too stubborn to take my Manuka honey, so he's using Ny Quil and some antibiotics! HA! He's MISERABLE! He's supposed to go back to work tomorrow, but I don't see how he can.
HAPPY NEW YEAR and stay safe and healthy!

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

I have enjoyed getting to know you and your horses this year.
Have a wonderful 2009!

Linda said...

I love the new look of your blog! Have a wonderful 2009!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

This is a nice look. The two layers don't interfere with each other and are nice and clean. Happy New Year!

Victoria Cummings said...

It's a good new look - Happy New Year - all the best in 2009!