Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Serenity


I took this photo the first weekend of the new year. Sometimes I just like to drive around and see what's happening up in the mountains. I was by myself, so I don't go too far from the ranch. Sometimes I see a coyote or two. Sometimes I see hawks, and one time I actually saw a bald eagle! I didn't see any animals this day, but I did drive by an empty field. I liked the old wire fence and the dry weeds. I posted this on one of my other blogs, desertsouthwest (http://desertswest.blogspot.com/), but for some reason, I'm having trouble posting on it this morning. Something about errors on the page...Anyway, I thought I'd share it here since I got quite a few comments about it! In the middle of all the chaos and running around for our lives and jobs, sometimes it is just nice to see something peaceful and quiet!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh sweetie! THAT is so beautiful...and SERENE. It makes me feel good just looking at it! Good job!

restoration42 said...

Beautiful, always had a place in my heart for high desert - wonder why, your photos touched that place.