Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Feather clouds: Skywatch Friday, January 9, 2009


When I'm at home in the desert, I never really know what kind of weather I'll encounter up at the horse ranch in the mountains. Sometimes it is foggy and misting, sometimes it is cold and windy, and sometimes there is snow! That's one of the joys of my horses being there! So, on my last day of "freedom" last Sunday, before returning to school on Monday morning, I looked up and saw these "feather clouds" and the moon. Aren't they pretty? They were soon gone, but I enjoyed seeing them before they disappeared, like my vacation! For more Skywatch photos, please visit: http://skyley.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Those do look just like feathers. Light, fluffy and barely there.

Small City Scenes said...

Very pretty. Wispy and then---gone. MB

Linnea said...

Hi, We get those feathery cloud formations up here in NorCal a lot too! Enjoy the weekend and what a nice bright shot!

Greg Dimitriadis said...

Very nice, I love the moon.

Carol said...

nice photo...love the feather clouds...and such a blue sky...

Arija said...

Love your feather clouds. When they are large in the sky, I likw to call them Angel wings.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Reminds me of an Owl Footprint in the snow.

Lovely :)

~Lisa
New Mexico