Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Riders on the Pacific Crest Trail




I pass a portion of the Pacific Crest Trail on my way to the horse ranch up in the mountains and today I noticed a lot of horse trailers at the local restaurant up there at the corner of Highway 74 and 371.  I wondered what was going on and on my way down I saw horses coming to the trailers on their way back from a ride on the trail.  Some of the horses were very eager to get back to their trailer and home!  I'm glad I got to see them!

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Nice photos, looks like fun

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Very cool! I also get excited when I see riders and horses when I am out and about :)

~Lisa

Rising Rainbow said...

Looks like a fun place to ride. Very cool.