Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A view of the snow

Here's a view of our freshly-covered local mountains after Saturday night's snow storm.  I went for a brief walk (hobble) at my favorite walking spot, which is at the city-owned golf course.  It is up on a plateau and provides a unique view of the entire Coachella Valley, so I like to walk there in the mornings.  The ravens are out and about, the rabbits and multiplying, and I even saw a Cooper's hawk on this morning.  Unfortunately, my knee is preventing me from walking as much as I'd like, but I am going to try again this morning. I'm also going to my aunt's lap pool and walk it up and down this afternoon and I am hoping that will help my knee pain.

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Pretty photo

Once Upon an Equine said...

I think I would walk a lot more if I had a view like that to enjoy on my stroll.