Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My laptop crashed!

...pulling out hair...my laptop, which has ALL my recent photos on it, crashed yesterday.  I mean, I couldn't get an Internet connection all morning and I tried for over 45 minutes.  So, this morning, I'm on hubby's new one, but it ONLY has our photos from our weekend in San Juan Capistrano on it and some misc. photos I took before our trip.  He will have to move all my photos onto our external hard drive this afternoon.  So, in the meantime, I'll just have to bore you with photos from what I have on hubby's laptop.  It's so nice to have hot air balloons back in the valley!  There was a huge lawsuit here by an "olive farm" which was surrounded by barbed wire and security cameras that didn't like the balloons over the "farm", so they filed a lawsuit which prevented ALL hot air balloons from flying here in the valley for a couple of years.  Several of them went out of business, so I'm glad to see them back dotting our skies.  It was so WINDY here yesterday and last night!  Trees blew over and roads were closed all up and down the valley.  I'm taking my camera with me today because the clouds will be incredible, and will post again tomorrow.

3 comments:

NeighGirl said...

You might try to take the battery out and unplug it. Let it sit a little while and the plug it in. Leave the battery out, leave it like that for an hour or so and then put the battery bake in and turn it on.
Hope this helps,
Neighgirl

cheyenne jones said...

Seems a tad silly for the Olive farm to behave that way? Must have their reasons.

Good shot though!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

My first thought was, "Olives? Yeah, right."

Try marijuana. That's the only reason I can think of for why they'd react that way to hot air balloons floating overhead.