Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Smooching with Scout

Hubby took this photo a couple of weekends ago, when we were driving home from San Juan Capistrano.  Scout and Cali, the two mustangs, are the most affectionate of all my horses.  Cali has always been a "people horse".  Scout, not so much.  She was very aloof at first.  But, I've discovered out of all my horses, she is the ONE who is the most sensitive to people's emotions.  A couple of years ago, a fellow teacher REALLY needed some "horse time" and I drove her up to the ranch.  Scout was the horse that tuned into her emotions and latched on to her.  She followed her around, smooched with her, stayed with her, and my friend had an amazing day!  Cali, of course, loves people, but she isn't as "in tune" with our emotions as is Scout.  I think someday Scout would make an amazing therapy horse.  She's getting a lesson every week now and I can't wait for this summer to work her myself!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Horses are amazing creatures & some truly tune in to the human's emotions. Glad your friend enjoyed her day.