Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

A quick trip up the mountain




I made a quick trip up the mountain yesterday afternoon to buy pellets for the horses before the huge storm rolls in.  I was completely OUT of pellets for all the herd and I wanted to buy some so that they would have some extra calories because snow is forecast down to about 2,500 feet and they are up at 4,000 feet.  Believe me, the feed store was BUSY!  I went to my doctor Thursday afternoon about my right knee (it has been extremely sore for a week) and she thought it was arthritis and ordered an x-ray, some physical therapy for me, and a couple of days off work.  Hmmm...just what the doctor ordered!  Unfortunately, the anti-inflammatory medication she also ordered made me sick to my stomach yesterday morning, so I was pretty out of it. I will NOT take it again!  But by afternoon, I headed up the mountain.  These are just some of the photos I took as I drove around.  I can drive okay, without pain, but the minute I put weight on that leg, I nearly fall down.  I'm going to buy a knee brace today and hope that the brace will give me the support I need.  Anyway, here are some pics from yesterday afternoon.

No comments: