Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Living Desert and grandson




We got to babysit the grandson yesterday and we took him to the Living Desert Reserve to see the trains.  He made a beeline toward them and spent some time studying them.  He also waved to them.  These are miniature trains and I'll post more photos of them later this week.  See Granddad and the little stroller?  HA!  I asked him to push it most of the afternoon because I was concentrating on handling my camera with my sore knee.  We did take him on the carousel again (his second time) and this time, he wanted to ride the lion and he had a blast!  Then, we went off to see the Mexican wolves (they were OUT and very visible!), then to the duck pond and back to the trains for one last farewell.  Next, we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for pasta and ice cream!  Finally, he fell asleep in the car on the way to his house and he slept for ... TWO HOURS!  Phew!  So did Granddad and I!!!

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

What a busy day

Tara said...

How fun!!And Old Spaghetti Factory? YUMMMY!!!!

Tara