Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Joshua Tree rock climbers

I could never be a rock climber.  First, I'm terrified of heights.  My hands get all sweaty just thinking about it.  Second, now that I have a sore knee...forget it!  But I love to see the rock climbers at Joshua Tree National Park and I always look for them when we visit the park.  Here are a few from last weekend.  What about you...are you a rock climber?

2 comments:

cheyenne jones said...

Used to be, 30 odd years of it! Loved it.

Woke up one morning, never did it again.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Before kids I used to be a rock scrambler, meaning I'd do long hikes in the mountains hiking trails that were covered in lots of boulders and large rocks that required climbing over and squeezing between and underneath. It was fun, but exhausting. I don't think I could ever pull up my big girl panties high enough to try rock climbing, though. I'd be shaking in terror!

~Lisa