Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Transitions~Almond blossoms~Sunday stills Challenge~031812

A few weeks ago, up at the horse ranch, the almond trees were blooming.  They are all through blooming now, but I did manage to get a few photos of them while the blossoms were out in full bloom.  They only bloom a short while and I'm glad that I was able to see them this year.  I remember that I missed this spectacular show last year.  Sunday Stills Challenge for March 18, 2012.

4 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...

Blooming trees are so pretty! That's not a sight here yet. But the green grass is starting to come up.

Sallie (FullTime-Life.com said...

I'd love to see those beautiful blooms. Probably never will, so thanks for sharing!

Tara said...

Oh man, :( How I miss the almond trees, peach trees, and all the other blooming crops!!! I loved driving the Blossom Trail... Thank you for sharing! I need to see spring! Spring here is rain! and more rain, :/
Tara

cheyenne jones said...

Thoroughly Beautiful!