Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The calm before the storm



A major winter storm is moving into southern California over the weekend, with snow forecast down to 2,500 feet.  The horses are up at 4,000 feet, so they will get snow.  I have 1/2 day of school on Friday and I'm going to have to zip up the mountain that afternoon, get to the feed store, and buy pellets for all of them.  I hadn't realized that I was so low last weekend, and this will be my only chance before the storm hits on Saturday and Sunday.  We've had parent conferences this week, so Friday we get to leave at 12:30 p.m.  YEAH!

1 comment:

RoeH said...

Hope you make it alright. As for Arizona.....80 percent chance on Sunday. We will all be celebrating.