Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Herd update~March 12, 2012

All the horses are doing just fine.  My trainer came last Tuesday and took each one out and let him or her out into the arena for some "free time".  Apparently Sunni really kicked up his heels!  Unfortunately I awoke Thursday morning to extreme knee pain in my right knee.  I've NEVER had knee problems and I don't know what brought this on, but I took Friday off school, stayed on the couch, and iced it.  I am still hobbling around and when I drove up to the ranch today, I didn't take any of the horses out, since I didn't trust my knee to hold up well.  I cleaned out the mustangs' water trough and checked my feed supplies.  I'll have to purchase more feed this next weekend.  They all got brushed, but Quad seems to enjoy rolling in his pee pile and he is a DIRTY BOY.  I'll have to get to him next weekend.  I only have a half day Friday and with the time change, I'll be able to drive up there on weekday afternoons now!  :-) That's Scout and Cali and one of the Peruvian Paso mares next to them.  I know...look at the hideous upside down chairs! I'm REALLY looking forward to getting some horse time in from now through the summer!

No comments: